Title : High school English
Author : 이찬승 외
Publisher & Year : 능률교육, 2009
Vocabularies : sustainable - able to be used without damaging the environment
architect - a person who designs buildings
damage - to cause harm or loss to someone or something
solar - relating to the Sun
Summary : The goal of sustainable development is to balance the needs of people with the protection of nature. For example, many architects and builders have been working to come up with new ways to construct buildings. The buildings need to be economical and safe for the health of the people who use them, but they need to be safe for the environment at the same time. The bigger the windows are, the greener the building is. Green roof blocks more of the sun's heat than a regular roof, so it keeps the building cooler in summer. In winter, the plants and soil on the roof help keep hear inside the building from escaping. Green buildings use as little fresh water as possible, and they usually reuse water as well. Althiough bamboo looks like wood, it's actually a grass, not a tree, and it grows 20 times faster than most trees. Some builders have been reusing old mateials just as they are but in new, creative ways. Slowly but surely, the buildings where we study, sleep, and work are becoming healthier and greener.
Comment : I have already read this story before mid-term exam. But I couldn't remember the details. So, I read one more time. This story is about 'building green'! There are a lot of unique buildings and facilities. My favorite building is what have an entire rooftop garden, with thick grass and colorful flowers. Rooftop garden makes the building cooler in summer and keeps heat inside the building from escaping in winter. My father is and architect. So, I want him to make green building with green caterials like bamboo. And I want to live in the building! I wnat many green buildings will be built in the future to protect the environment.

댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기